We've prepared the perfect nail guide and inspiration for any holiday occasion!
1. Geometric Gold Stripes
How gorgeous are these? The trendy geometric pattern with the vibrant gold color is a perfect pairing. (via Brit + Co)
2. The Color Block
We love a good color block. Add some glitter and we're sold. Red and glitter are the perfect holiday mixture of colors! (via Wonder Forest)
3. Golden Tips
Looking for a more simple but still festive look? The classic twist on the french tip is for you! (via The Zoe Report)
4. Candy Cane Cutie
It's like having the classic treat on your fingers! You can do this design like shown with only one designed finger, or you could go all out with all 10 nails looking like the sweet treat! (via Brit + Co)
If you're a fan of nail art try the sweet snowflake design this holiday season! Both festive and work appropriate. (via Nail Artitudes De Claire)
6. Subtle Sparkle & Shine
We think this could be perfect all year round, but it looks great especially around the holidays. The nude champagne base coat with a descending sparkle tip is everything. (via Pshiiit)
7. Holiday Glitter
The soft neutral base paired with the holiday glitter will be sure to get you into the holiday cheer! (via Glitter and Nails)
Comment below and tell us your favorite!
September 22nd marked the official start of one of our favorite seasons - fall! As the color aesthetic changes around us, so do many of the ladies locks around us! We played close attention to what happened on all the notable runways and looked to magazines like Vogue and we've gone through and picked out the hottest fall hair trends to keep you looking beautiful all season long! Here they are:
Bronde is considered to be the natural middle between and brunette and blonde. When you go into your stylist ask for ultra - natural bronde highlights. Bronde has been one of the most popular colors of the season and is complimentary to both brunettes and blondes - it literally suits everyone! We love the look on one of our ultra edgy "Woman Crush Wednesdays" - Cara Delevinge
2. Deep Rich Chocolate Brunette
This year is all about the loose waves. Queen B.. I mean, Beyonce, is showing us exactly how they are supposed to look! Achieve this look with a wand curling iron or using your regular curling iron and not clamping the hair – simply wrapping it alongside the outside and holding for about 10 seconds! If you’re feeling up to it, you can even achieve this look using your straightening iron.
3. The Half Pony
The look made popular by Ariana Grande has caught on! We’re loving it on Lauren Conrad and think it’s the perfect way to add a little volume into your hair for a preppy fall look.
4. Blunt Cuts
The runway this season had a shocking absence of layers. It was all about the blunt cut. We love the look and think you will too! Lucy Hale looks beautiful here with her bold, blunt cut.
We hope you loved our tips of how to keep your luscious locks on trend this fall season! Tag us at @ForElyse on Instagram and Twitter and show us how you are rocking these fall trends!
XOXO - @ForElyse
Sure, it would be great to naturally wake up looking like this...but for most of us we may feel more like this in the morning:
Real talk: we're busy and it takes us giving up the snooze button to have enough time to feel like a million bucks by the time we step out the door. Never fear! The key is quick, easy steps the night before so you can truly catch up on your beauty rest.
1. Save face. Your mom was right! Cleaning your face before you go to bed is one of the most important things you can do. Studies have shown that make-up and smog residue that builds up on your face during the day can lead to acne and even (gasp!) wrinkles. Take the two minutes you need to clean your face with a mild cleanser, or if you're traveling or too tired you can always use handy make-up removing towelettes. After, pat on your favorite night cream to your face and neck. We recommend this anti-aging cream with skin-boosting Retinol.
2. Braid it up. Wash your hair the night before and apply a dab of styling cream - then braid it up! In the morning, undo the braids, add a spritz of styling spray (we love this one) and bam...beach babe! Doing this provides soft, natural waves and eliminates frizz.
3. Humidify. The lazy girl's guide to moisturizing your skin with no effort. We love this discreet, stylish humidifier that could pass for a vase! Without much more than pressing a button, humidifiers soothe and hydrate your skin while you sleep.
4. Sleep like a mummy. Bad news for all you tummy sleepers, sleeping on your stomach can cause puffy eyes and irritate the soft tissues on your face. By sleeping on your back in a slightly elevated position, you won't have any fluid retention in your face.
5. Invest in a silk or satin pillow cover. Yes, it might sound a little over the top, but this is truly worth it. In case you do roll over, having a soft silk pillowcase is less likely to cause wrinkles and also helps with hair breakage. What do you think? Are these tips easy enough to follow and have they worked for you? Post in the comments below!
XOXO // @ForElyse