Sure, it would be great to naturally wake up looking like this...but for most of us we may feel more like this in the morning:
Real talk: we're busy and it takes us giving up the snooze button to have enough time to feel like a million bucks by the time we step out the door. Never fear! The key is quick, easy steps the night before so you can truly catch up on your beauty rest.
1. Save face. Your mom was right! Cleaning your face before you go to bed is one of the most important things you can do. Studies have shown that make-up and smog residue that builds up on your face during the day can lead to acne and even (gasp!) wrinkles. Take the two minutes you need to clean your face with a mild cleanser, or if you're traveling or too tired you can always use handy make-up removing towelettes. After, pat on your favorite night cream to your face and neck. We recommend this anti-aging cream with skin-boosting Retinol.
2. Braid it up. Wash your hair the night before and apply a dab of styling cream - then braid it up! In the morning, undo the braids, add a spritz of styling spray (we love this one) and bam...beach babe! Doing this provides soft, natural waves and eliminates frizz.
3. Humidify. The lazy girl's guide to moisturizing your skin with no effort. We love this discreet, stylish humidifier that could pass for a vase! Without much more than pressing a button, humidifiers soothe and hydrate your skin while you sleep.
4. Sleep like a mummy. Bad news for all you tummy sleepers, sleeping on your stomach can cause puffy eyes and irritate the soft tissues on your face. By sleeping on your back in a slightly elevated position, you won't have any fluid retention in your face.
5. Invest in a silk or satin pillow cover. Yes, it might sound a little over the top, but this is truly worth it. In case you do roll over, having a soft silk pillowcase is less likely to cause wrinkles and also helps with hair breakage. What do you think? Are these tips easy enough to follow and have they worked for you? Post in the comments below!
XOXO // @ForElyse