Get side swept for this Fashion Do’s: Retro 20s style waves! One of the biggest trends in fashion that is an up-and-comer is the 1920s era influence, especially for the Spring 2013 and Pre-Fall 2013 runways. One of my favorite examples of the 20s style was at the 70th Annual Golden Globe Awards where so many celebrities wore the side swept lose waves that are so romantic. Stars like Heidi Klum, Jessica Alba, Jennifer Lopez, Isla Fisher, Megan Fox, and Rachel Weisz rocked this look and its super easy to do!
Here is a simple How-To from my favorite blog The Beauty Department that shows you step by step of hot to get 20s style waves. All you need is a medium barrel curing iron, a clip, a comb, and some hair spray.
1. Clip the top half of your hair up
2 Curl the bottom layer with the curling iron, making sure to curl your hair in inside curls (toward your face)
3. Curl the rest of your hair in sections and make sure it is all curled the same way (inside)
4. Spray your curls with hairspray and let them set for a minute or two
5. Take your comb and gently brush out your curls, start to brush them so they form the same ascending shape
6. Once you have brushed them all out, curl the ends so they all consistently curl under
7. Finish off with hairspray and you have been transported back to the retro age!
To get more red carpet looks, visit thebeautydepartment.com for more styles!
Photos Courtesy: Us Weekly, The Beauty Department