Let’s get creative and bring something truly sweet to a party on this 4th of July! How about Patriotic Cupcakes! Cute red, white, and blue cupcakes with vanilla frosting and sprinkles! Who doesn’t want to make/eat these? I know these cute cupcakes look a little intimidating but they are actually super easy to make and in the recipe below, I have provided a few shortcuts that will make baking these even more fun! Take some notes and put on your apron because with these colorful cupcakes you will be the hit of the party!
- 18 1/4 ounces white cake mix
- 1 cup water (or as indicated on cake mix directions)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as indicated on cake mix directions)
- 3 eggs (or as indicated on cake mix directions)
- 1/2 teaspoon blue food coloring
- 1/2 teaspoon red food coloring
- 1 (16 ounce) can vanilla frosting
- red white and blue candy sprinkles
- Prepare the cake mix according to the package directions.
- Divide the batter into three separate bowls, 1/3 in each bowl
- Add the red food coloring into one bowl and stir. Repeat with the blue in another bowl. Leave one of the batters white
- Fill a muffin tray with paper muffin tins. Add 2 tablespoons of blue batter to the tins. Then add 2 tablespoons of the white on top of the blue. Finish the cupcakes with 2 tablespoons of the red batter (Do not swirl batter, leave it as it lies)
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick that inserted into the cupcake comes out clean
- Remove from tray onto cooling rack and let cool for about 5-10 minutes
- Frost with vanilla frosting and decorate with sprinkles